I plan to see all 10 of the area Metroparks in the 1001 days time limit and I knocked 1/5th of them off my list this weekend. I assumed these would be the 1st two as they were the once I was the most familiar with. 1st was Wildwood where I ran the Metroparks Happy Trails 5K this weekend. The race goes all through the park, from the east side by the Oak Grove Schoolhouse built in 1897 to the newer Manor House built for the Stranahan family in 1938 and to the west side near the playground where this kids like to play and climb the huge oak.
For Father's Day we spent the evening out at Swan Creek Preserve. We'd been before to the playground on the south side, but this was the first time we'd come in the north entrance and it was very nice. They have a Yager Center which has a room with a big window facing a pool with a fountain and feeders that attract a lot of birds, and today, two groundhogs. We picnicked by a fountain and the kids played on the playground equipment and swings. They kicked around a soccer ball and my oldest let me help him try out his first non-training wheels bike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment